Glenside Hospital Redevelopment

14 Oct 2009 questionsarchive

I seek leave to make a brief explanation before asking the Minister for Urban Development and Planning a question about the Glenside DPA.

The Hon. J.M.A. LENSINK: In relation to the Glenside campus redevelopment, a community reference group was appointed in February 2008. The Department of Health website advised at the time: The reference group is a contact point for the community to raise issues, ideas and concerns, which can then be shared with the Health Department during the planning process. It will help the department prepare documents for developers who want to bid for the tenders so they know what open space, building height, buffer zone and environmental requirements, amongst others, must be included in their design proposals. I understand that that reference group comprised some 13 members. When did the minister receive that report and, now that the Glenside DPA has unfortunately passed its last hurdle, will he agree to publish the report?

The Hon. P. HOLLOWAY (Minister for Mineral Resources Development, Minister for Urban Development and Planning, Minister for Small Business) (15:19): That is clearly a matter for the Minister for Health if that was done as part of that early consultation.

The Hon. J.M.A. Lensink: Can you get it?

The Hon. P. HOLLOWAY: It may well be one of the documents referred on to DPAC as part of its consideration. I will look to see where copies of that reference group's report have gone, but I would have thought that if it was a submission to the development policy advisory committee it is probably on the web, unless there is such a large number that they cannot all been put on there. I will look in a moment to see whether it is on there but, if it was done at an earlier stage as a submission to DPAC, it would have been available on the web: I will check it out. If it was done earlier as part of the consultation process by the Department of Health, it would be the recipient of the document. I will refer it to the Minister for Mental Health to see whether it is available.