Due to ongoing poor conditions and continuing rain and wind, the Code Blue extreme winter weather response for people sleeping rough in Adelaide and some regional areas has been extended tonight.
During a Code Blue activation, Housing SA, together with its non-government partners, makes additional accommodation available for extended hours for people sleeping rough.
Tonight’s Code Blue also applies in Mount Gambier, Fleurieu Peninsula and Kangaroo Island. People sleeping rough in these areas should contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308 for assistance.
“The forecast wind and rain tonight will make it difficult for people sleeping rough to stay warm and dry. The Code Blue activation provides extra accommodation and services to assist people who are rough sleeping,” said Minister Lensink.
• Baptist Care’s Westcare Centre will be open overnight from 3pm tonight
through to 7am Saturday 10 August 2019. The Westcare Centre is located
at 11/19 Millers Ct Adelaide.
• Hutt St Centre will extend their operating hours until 5pm tonight, Friday 9 August
• SYC will extend their operating hours until 7pm tonight, Friday 9
• Street to Home will increase staffing levels and be engaging with people rough
sleeping through street work throughout this period.
• The Homelessness Gateway Service will continue to operate 24 hours a day 7
days a week. Anyone who is homeless or at risk of homelessness is encouraged to
contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308.
“Thank you to everyone working hard on the ground supporting our most vulnerable South Australians at a time when they need it,” said Minister Lensink.